Get your nose off my keyboard and whip up a thicknasty cognac egg drink the whole crew will love. A recipe from deep within the bowels of my brain (which has been laser-etched with Drake and Weeknd lyrics since 2011), this eggnog and brandy drink is a result of chiefing on a fatty cassia late at night under star projectors.
The OVO XO Recipe:
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1c sugar
- 2c whole milk
- 1c heavy cream
- 1tsp ground cloves
- ~1c XO Cognac
- Freshly grated nutmeg, to serve
- Whisk sugar and yolks until a gritty blonde paste is formed.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and cloves.
- Heat it all to 162 degrees Fahrenheit, slowly.
- Strain into a heatproof container and age in the fridge for 3 weeks.
- Add cognac and shake or stir to froth.
- Serve in glasses add nut on it.
- Optional: blowtorch one end of a cinnamon stick for garnish